Taking Faith Home - weekly fliers
Taking Faith Home weekly flyers are a simple, yet effective, tool to help your family extend their faith formation practices beyond church walls and into your home.
Based on the worship scripture text for the week, each flyer contains faith-building scripture, activities and devotions designed to help your family share and live their faith together during the week. With a variety of activities to choose from, the flyers offer something for everyone.
- Mealtime Prayer - A new mealtime prayer is provided each week. Place the prayer on your dinner table for easy reference throughout the week.
- Daily Bible Readings - A Bible reference is given for each day of the week, picking up on a theme(s) from the Sunday readings. Use these individually or with your whole family.
- Prayers and Blessings - Short prayers based on the readings are included for each day and for the week. Families can pray together or use them for personal devotions.
- Blessing to Give - Bless one another in your home each day with a Scripture-based blessing.
- Scripture Verses for the Week - One or two key Bible verses are printed out from an easy-to-read translation. Say these aloud when you gather together. Also, try to memorize some throughout the year.
- Words to Share - Words to Share can be spoken responsively by family members. Introduce this simple practice as a way of sharing God’s word in your home each day. Also, ideas for living out your faith in practical ways by serving others as a household are included.
- The “Four Keys” for Faith in the Home are four vital habits or practices of faith for the Christian home. Each week, Taking Faith Home gives you suggestions for:
- Caring Conversations: Discussion questions connected to one of the Sunday Bible readings
- Devotions: Ideas for gathering around God’s word during the week
- Service: Ideas for living out your faith in practical ways in service to those in need
- Rituals and Traditions: Ideas for home rituals or traditions that you can weave into your home life to connect faith with daily life
These fliers are now only available via e-mail. Please contact Cheryl Briley to be placed on the e-mail list.