Boy and Girl Scouts
Troop 395 meets in Knox Hall (K307) on Tuesdays from 7:30-9:00 p.m. during the school year.
Contact: Ellis Cayton, Assistant Scoutmaster
WMPC’s Boy Scout Troop 395 is an active troop. Many of our scouts have attained the rank of Eagle Scout. The troop had many exciting outings and activities last year that included:
• Service projects such as Stop Hunger Now at WMPC;
• Participation in Scout Sunday at WMPC;
• Camping and swimming at Kerr Lake;
• Beach camping and fishing at Hammocks Beach State Park;
• Overnighting on the USS Yorktown Aircraft Carrier;
• Backpacking at South Mountains State Park;
• Camping and cycling on the New River Trail;
• Backpacking on the Appalachian Trail at Mt. Rogers, Virginia;
• Summer Camp at Camp Raven Knob with 46 Scouts attending (2012);
• High Adventure at Philmont Scout Ranch, Cimarron, New Mexico, with three crews of nine Scouts and leaders attending (2012).
Finally, the troop ended the year with a Court of Honor that saw 24 Webelos bridge over to Scouts during the 2011-12 school year and grow the troop to 125 Scouts strong. Be sure to look for the Scouts on Tuesday and Thursday nights during the school year, at Stop Hunger Now events and, of course, on Scout Sunday on February 10, 2013.
Webelos Den meets in Knox Hall (K305) at 7:30 on Thursdays during the school year.
Contact: Ellis Cayton,
A Daisy Troop and a Brownie/Junior Troop meet in the Calvin Building at 4:15 p.m. on the first and third Thursdays during the school year.
Contact: Pines of Carolina Girl Scouts